FIRST® LEGO League Site Coordinator
The Vision of Carlsbad Educational Foundation is to invest in our children’s future through excellence in education.
The FIRST® LEGO League (FLL) Site Coordinator oversees on-site programming, coaches, and team members for the Robotics Lab.
FIRST® LEGO LEAGUE SITE COORDINATOR POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide ongoing leadership and assistance to Elementary/Middle School Robotics teams and coaches during each practice, competition, and event.
• Understand and use the FIRST® Core Values, have knowledge of the FLL program, FIRST® Youth Protection Policy (YPP) Guidelines, and the FLL coach and game manuals.
• Serve as communication liaison between coaches, students, parents, SoCal FLL Program Delivery Partner, FLL Tournament Directors, District Robotics Coordinator, and occasionally FTC Coordinator.
• Ensure all team members are registered with CEF Robotics, maintaining accurate Team Rosters.
• Ensure FIRST® consent/release forms are submitted properly.
• Work with the District Robotics Coordinator to coordinate and track team schedules, equipment, and supplies.
• Provide leadership and assistance to planning, coordination, and/or execution of robotics related events- including, but not limited to, outreach or fundraising events, as determined by individual teams.
• Responsible for team and event (tournaments, relevant workshops, etc.) registration at the direction of the District Robotics Coordinator.
• Oversee the online Robotics (FLL) Team Information Management System (TIMS) portal activity related to the relevant teams and is aware of volunteer mentors.
• Order team items in collaboration with the District Robotics Coordinator following CEF guidelines.
• Assist coaches in researching opportunities for teams to connect with industry professionals related to the annual theme.
• Provide monthly reporting to District Robotics Coordinator and Program Manager on progress of the FLL teams, shares team stories for distribution to sponsors and community, where appropriate.
• Provide community service documentation for volunteers engaged in community service-related events, where appropriate.
• Annually work with the District Robotics Coordinator to execute season-end surveys.
• Other work duties as assigned by management.
Carlsbad Educational Foundation is ADA Compliant and An Equal Opportunity and Military Friendly Employer